To encourage breast health awareness the River Bluff Women’s Golf Team is sponsoring a mobile mammography drive at River Bluff High School on September 13th The allotted appointment times are between 9 – 3:45 and the van will be located on the River Bluff Campus by the Gym. This is a service of the Women’s Imaging Center @ Lexington Medical Center.
We hope that by having the convenience of the site being so close will encourage those who need to have an exam to do so. We all know that early detection is important!
What do you need to do?
1) Send me a copy of your Insurance card. You can email me a scanned copy or place a copy in my box by September 7th.
2) Sign up for a time by clicking on the appointment time link below.
3) Complete the Patient Information packet and place them in my box or send me digital copies by September 7th.
**If it has not been a calendar year since your last exam, many insurance companies will not assist this exam. See the packet for more information!
Appointment Time Link: https://goo.gl/forms/
LINK TO PATIENT INFORMATION PACKET
Who is Eligible for Mobile Mammography
• Women age 40 or older who have no breast implants and no current breast symptoms should be screened annually.
• Women age 30 – 40 with a mother or sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer before age 50. Apply the “10-year rule.”
(If a relative is diagnosed at age 42, eligibility begins at age 32.)
• Women under age 35 if they have a written order for a mammography screening from their referring physician.
• Women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer if it has been five years or more since their cancer diagnosis.
Who is Not Eligible for Mobile Mammography
• Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
• Women with breast implants (they require special views and should have a diagnostic mammogram). Call (803) 791-2486 to
make an appointment at the main hospital location.
• Women with current breast symptoms. These women should make an appointment at the main hospital facility. The patient can be
referred to the Breast Health Nurse Coordinator for scheduling a diagnostic work-up. For this service, please have the patient call